Hillary And Trump Respond To Nice Terror Attack

Sympathize

The reactions of Hillary and Trump on the terror attack in Nice, France are about what you’d expect. Ben Mankiewicz (What The Flick?), John Iadarola (ThinkTank), and Jimmy Dore, hosts of The Young Turks, break it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

"United States leaders were quick to condemn the attack in Nice, where a man ran a lorry more than a mile through a crowded promenade during a Bastille Day celebration. At least 84 people were killed.

And for their parts, presidential candidates Hillary Clinton andDonald Trump were broaching the matter with war on their minds.

“Well, it sounds like here we go again,” Mr Trump said on Fox’sOn the Record. “It’s going to be a whole different world. We’re living in a whole different world. There is no respect for law and order. There is no respect for anything or anybody. And this has to be dealt with very harshly.”

In a separate interview on The O’Reilly Factor, Mr Trump agreed with the host, who said this is a “world war scenario”.”*

Read more here:

Hosts: Ben Mankiewicz, John Iadarola, Jimmy Dore
Cast: Ben Mankiewicz, John Iadarola, Jimmy Dore

***

The Largest Online News Show in the World. Hosted by Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian. LIVE STREAMING weekdays 6-8pm ET.

Young Turk (n), 1. Young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party. 2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations. (American Heritage Dictionary)

Download audio and video of the full two hour show on-demand + the members-only post game show by becoming a member at . Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth.

Get The Young Turks Mobile App Today!

Download the iOS version here:

Download the Android version here:

68 comments for “Hillary And Trump Respond To Nice Terror Attack

1. TwistedOracle
    July 16, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I am a muslim from Saudi Arabia and I have seen a lot from both sides from
    muslims and from Non-muslims. I think I know exactly why all of this is
    happening. I am trying not to be biased and I will try to speak the truth.
    To be honest I blame everyone. If you look carefully you will realise what
    I mean. I blame fundamentalist muslims and their teachings in the Middle
    East in general, I also blame the countries that intervened in the Middle
    East and killed millions of muslims like what happened because of the Iraq
    Invasion. For those who hate all muslims and think the reason is the them.
    I want you to stop for moment and start thinking with me and try to open
    your mind a little bit. Try to look at all the terrorist attacks not just
    in Europe or the US but if you look closely in the whole world you will see
    that these attacks happen in muslim countries and muslims themselves are
    getting killed as well, so why? There are many muslims who are fighting
    ISIS in Iraq, are they terrorist as well? I do not understand how your
    logic work if you think all muslims are terrorists. I agree some muslims
    are radical and there many fundamentalist muslims, but there are much more
    who are neither.
    Reasons why these terror attacks happen imo:
    1-Fundamentalist muslims and their teachings>Radicalisation>Terrorism
    2-Military Interventions that kill civilians in the Middle East like the
    Iraq invasion>Revenge>Radicalisation>Terrorism
    3-Not screening muslims and their backgrounds>anyone can enter>Terrorism
    4-Ignorance and hate speech. For example,Not understanding that muslims
    themselves are getting killed in these terror attacks>more hatred since in
    the beginning fundamentalist muslims fill people”s mind that Non-muslims
    hate them(As a muslim, I experienced this myself) >More justification and
    believing what they say since they start to witness it
    everywhere>Radicalisation>Terrorism
    I hope we stop hatred and embrace love

• TwistedOracle
      July 16, 2016 at 6:50 PM

You are biased I bet you are Shia imo. You are just spreading hatred.
      I see war crimes and hatred speech from both sides.
      all those fundamentalist muslims from both sectors are the ones to blame.
      Muslims in the Middle East need real secularism in their countries.

• TwistedOracle
      July 16, 2016 at 6:51 PM

I respect your view

• Croter8ment
      July 16, 2016 at 6:55 PM

+TwistedOracle Just going to leave these here. 😉

“Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you
      find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it, and the
      one to whom it is done.” (Sunan Abu Dawood 38:4447)

“[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, ‘I am with you, so
      strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of
      those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them
      every fingertip.’ ” (Qur’an 8:12)

“Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn ‘Abbas,
      who said, ‘Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the
      Prophet said, ‘Don’t punish (anybody) with Allah’s Punishment.’ No doubt, I
      would have killed them, for the Prophet said, *’If somebody (a Muslim)
      discards his religion, kill him.’* ” (Sahih al-Bukhari 4:52:260)

“And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever
      you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at
      every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and
      give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and
      Merciful.” (Qur’an 9:5)

“Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not
      consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who
      do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture
      – [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.”
      (Qur’an 9:29)

“Narrated ‘Aisha:
      that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated
      his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him
      for nine years (i.e., till his death).” (Sahih al-Bukhari 7:62:64)

“They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike.
      So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of
      Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you
      find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.” (Qur’an 4:89)

• TwistedOracle
      July 16, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Thank you for your manners. By the way,I do not follow any Imam. I follow
      my mind.

2. Gabriel Lopes
    July 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Fun Fact: 42% of muslims in France support terrorist attacks

Well, less than 50%, so I guess we can call it just a minority of muslims

• DutchGabbers
      July 16, 2016 at 2:08 PM

+bittercottoncandy
      Do you care that we are bombing Afghanistan out of existence? Do you care
      about Libya who is totally destroyed? Do you care about Somalia, Mali, Iraq
      or Syria today?

No you don’t and we both know it..

Do you care about the nearly 5 million Muslims that have died in this
      conflict? No we both know you don’t..

So again.. What makes you better than the people you are directing this
      hatred against? You are both encouraging bombings.. But the only difference
      is that we got the bigger bombs and better technology..

While all the Islamic fighters can get is money and technology to rig a car
      or a vest.

We westerns are fighting terrorism by terrorism.. And we both know it.

• DutchGabbers
      July 16, 2016 at 2:40 PM

+bittercottoncandy
      I against that white guilt bullshit.. But placing the full blame on Muslims
      is not the solution either and you know it.. We both have a blame in this
      conflict.. And denying that is exactly the reason why this will not be
      solved

I am against the bombing because firstly it is illegal to bomb sovereign
      countries.. Secondly ISIS uses those images of dead woman and children as
      propaganda to recruit more.. And every bomb we drop there.. Will have 1 in
      responds in Europe..

So there is literally nothing to gain.

And where does this instability come from? Who gave those people enough
      weapons to destabilize a whole continent? I agree Bashar- Al Assad, Saddam
      Hussein and Muammar Qaddafi were tyrants.. But were we suffering terrorist
      attacks when they were in power 20 years ago? No, we never even heard of
      Islamic terrorism to the extend of what we see today.

That had 1 reason.. Those dictators were a lot of things.. But they killed
      terrorists.. They hated Saudi Arabia and oppressed the extremists in their
      lands.. And the continent was under authoritarian rule.. But stable..

Now we brought “democracy”.. Have you looked at Libya lately? It used to be
      the richest country in the African continent with a similar quality of
      living as Poland, Russia and Brazil for example. Not excellent.. But they
      were doing alright and had a rapid increasing economy.. Now it is a
      terrorist breeding spot.. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

All I ask for is to look further than just the past years.. Look where this
      came from.. And you can see us westerners supplying weapons to VERY shady
      individuals which is including the great boogeyman Osama Bin Laden himself.

3. Hoerkelis
    July 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM

So what you are saying is: stop fighting ISIS in the middle east or the
    Muslims in your country will kill you!
    Isn’t that racist or something?

• Bruce Wayne
      July 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM

Muslim isn’t a race..

• Faerie Star (FaerieTales)
      July 16, 2016 at 9:48 AM

You destabilized the middle east? How?

• Patrick Martz
      July 16, 2016 at 1:13 PM

No, I think they’re saying stop bombing innocent civilians in the middle
      east. We get outraged in the US when innocent civilians are killed by
      terrorist bombings, as well we should. But people living in the middle east
      get outraged every time WE bomb innocent civilians in their country. This
      makes them more likely to take up arms and attack us. They’ve said it
      before on TYT, targeted attacks….and no, I don’t mean drop a bomb on a
      wedding just to take out one guy.

4. Only_bro_555
    July 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Breaking news: World is becoming more stupid because of Right Wingers.

• joseph stork
      July 16, 2016 at 1:15 PM

+Taz LDN Do you agree with nationalism?

• joseph stork
      July 16, 2016 at 2:51 PM

+Taz LDN Yeah , I don’t agree with destroying another nation. But right now
      nationalism for Europeans is barely surviving to maintain our ethnicity
      identity and it’s being taken from us that’s what nationalism is to me now
      and how I define that .

• Taz LDN
      July 16, 2016 at 6:03 PM

+joseph stork I think national identities always change, they always have
      and always will, change is unstoppable. I think the direction the change is
      going in can be troublesome at time, unarguably. I think the main thing
      that has to be upheld is the values attributed to western culture.

5. Corey Miller
    July 15, 2016 at 9:24 PM

The term of declaring” War on terror” was really geared, during the Busch
    Admin. towards being able to expand the Military complex, allowing to make
    wars and then make tools of war. Creating more profits for war.

• Crimson King
      July 16, 2016 at 1:51 AM

+Dominic Labriola What he said is empirically correct. What’s your problem?

6. mohammed
    July 15, 2016 at 9:20 PM

all that government spending of our tax dollars and we somehow have more
    terrorists.

• Ven Em
      July 16, 2016 at 5:02 AM

oh, we are still doing that? I didnt know obama was bush.

• RDA
      July 16, 2016 at 8:52 AM

+Ali Mohamed your dumb to think presidents have any ultimate power. it’s a
      puppet behind a puppet who is holding all the money in the world.

• Christian Kale
      July 16, 2016 at 2:59 PM

+RDA 👁🇮🇱👹🔥

• Ali Mohamed
      July 16, 2016 at 5:38 PM

+RDA when did I say presidents have all the power it’s because presidents
      and leader are brought that’s why the world is how it is today we are
      called controlled by corporations but how did they get that power it was
      give to the corporations by our leaders and presidents, We need real people
      with a backbone who aren’t a advertising board for corporations.

7. arsenalfanrichi
    July 15, 2016 at 9:17 PM

No such thing as a nice terror attack

• RJJacob101
      July 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Ugh, I feel guilty but this made me laugh.

8. Mike Gall
    July 15, 2016 at 9:17 PM

you’re the pussys that are gonna get us killed. this is islam pussys just
    admit it

• Grizzle Bear Gruff
      July 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM

It isn’t about being PC. It’s about you ignorant gremlins being factually
      wrong.

• Matt Santos
      July 16, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Conservatives are dumb to believe that this was done by a Muslim, clearly
      it was the truck that became possessed and ran over those people.

9. Xplicit Nation
    July 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Another regressive masterpiece.

• Fygtree
      July 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM

+Max Leon
      I was being quite sincere Billy Bob – it’s not about whether I agree or
      disagree with your politics. You made assertions about history that any
      historian would laugh at. Look at where algebra, university, the first
      hospitals, geometry etc all came from and in what era. Do some research
      about how the renaissance in Europe was able to happen thanks to the
      intervention of people not from Europe. Look at the Empires before America
      and Europe. I know it’s terribly inconvenient for your politics to
      entertain the idea that the Middle East definitely wasn’t in a ‘quagmire’
      ever since Mohammed. And I know you were desperate to use the word quagmire
      but it couldn’t be more obvious you know nothing about the history of the
      Middle East. Sorry Hank.

• Fygtree
      July 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM

+Christian Kale
      You’re lost. And by virtue of this fact my comment was lost on you. But
      don’t worry I can feel your red faced, tobacco chewing NRA loving rage from
      here. People like you are heroes in your village but you’re the bane of the
      rest of the world.

10. Puff Ball
    July 15, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Ben, she answered it that way because that’s what she wants. More war.

• 7armedman
      July 16, 2016 at 11:04 AM

I love it how people state this…she WANTS war. Hey man, we keep getting
      attacked by a terrorist organization, maybe we should actually do something
      about it. Crazy, I know.

11. Armando™ _
    July 15, 2016 at 9:06 PM

>______________¶___
    >| #ReligionOfPeace ||l “”|””__,_
    >|___________________|||__|__|__|]
    >(@)@)***(@)(@)**(@) coming thru

• Ruthlessfish
      July 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM

+ToxicAudri That’s the first conclusions of the police investigation. His
      father and his neighborhood are still alive.

• Diego Costa
      July 16, 2016 at 2:21 PM

+Psycnosis you uneducated pleb show me where it says in the Quran you can ”
      kill people who don’t agree with your views” it doesn’t infact it says ”
      anyone who takes some ones life regardless of what they believe are not
      Muslims ” THEY ARE MURDERS WHO HAVE BEEN TAUGHT THESE IDEOLOGIES

• Tommy Nickels
      July 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM

+Diego Costa the Koran is filled with hate, and a murderous pedophile
      leader who “thighed” a six year old then tore her open when she was nine.

12. Danmandingo
    July 15, 2016 at 9:06 PM

*Trumps message with Bill O’Reily was FAR better on this one.*

*Guess it’s no surprise, that TYT didn’t really want to show it. o__O*

• von Wabbit
      July 16, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Nobody cares what Trump says, because it’s most likely insensitive,
      uninformed, and stupid. Everyone already knows what he is going to say.

13. Diego Fernando
    July 15, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Worst presidential candidates in history.

• WuFFY Oupol
      July 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM

+DutchGabbers thanks for confirming my points i guess? i dont get what
      youre even trying to say so thanks for the support i suppose.

• WuFFY Oupol
      July 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM

+Dave Kent tsk tsk tsk…

• DutchGabbers
      July 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM

+WuFFY Oupol
      No belief me I opposed you..

You are saying we must ignore illegal immigration problem because a couple
      of racist “hillbillies” scream they should all get out? Do you know how
      stupid that sounds?

Well they SHOULD get out.. Because do you know what the ILLEGAL immigration
      means? That means that people are BREAKING the law by TRESPASSING on land
      they are NOT supposed to be in.. Thereby, if the United States government
      wants to.. He could not only deport all ILLEGAL immigrants.. But could even
      throw them in jail if he wants to for illegal entry of the United States…

Like I said prior.. There are multiple cases of White people getting
      deported from the United States BECAUSE of being illegal immigrants..
      Especially from eastern Europe. And us Europeans are actually easier
      deported than Mexicans are.. Because once a Mexican gets deported it is a
      huge controversy.. But when Europeans who were illegal are deported it
      doesn’t even reach headlines. Because well.. They were illegal there.

And why is it “racist” to say you want no terrorists in your country? Would
      be the same as if I said “I want no burglars in my house..” Which is quite
      reasonable is it? You did not even make the accusation of Islamic terrorism
      or any other kind of terrorism but just generally terrorists are according
      to you a great asset to a nation reading from your comment?

No-one wants terrorists in their lands.. And everyone wants to keep other
      countries their terrorism where they come from.. Which is natural way of
      defending your property.

• XR40
      July 16, 2016 at 6:46 PM

+DutchGabbers You realise you’re wasting your time here? Didn’t you
      know you’re supposed to back away and hang your head in shame when someone
      calls “racist”?. Think about it. You’re on a YouTube page, but if you
      were in the same room with this person, THEY WOULD BE YELLING!!!
      You’re attempting to reason with someone that doesn’t value reason or
      respect objectivity. You’re talking about defending one’s property and
      country to someone that believes property and countries should be abolished.
      There’s a reason I didn’t respond to him; He plainly isn’t
      intelligent enough to comprehend a rational response.
      He didn’t understand that you weren’t agreeing. He doesn’t understand
      that accusing people of being racist doesn’t work anymore.
      Basically, it’s questionable that he’s worth the molecules of skin
      you’ll lose typing a response.

14. windstorminator
    July 15, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Video uploaded 6 minutes ago, video is 13 minutes long, 22 likes, 28
    dislikes. People watch the video then rate it….

• theguyshadows
      July 16, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Why do you care so much to watch it ive when you’re just going to get
      butthurt?

15. Thomas “TheGreatestLiberal” MacKelly
    July 15, 2016 at 9:04 PM

conservatism is anti-Americanism.

• eric.bloodaxe
      July 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM

I’m a liberal for 40 years, but I’ll be damned if I will let Anyone kill me
      or my family or even you.

• ecwaufisxtreme
      July 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Libturdism and Progressoism IS ANTI-AMERICANISM! Conservatism IS FULLY and
      TRULY AMERICAN!

• pauljackowacko552
      July 16, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Your right with liberalism we can let 65000 of those in the US. Vote
      Hillary.

16. Nils Jakobson
    July 15, 2016 at 9:03 PM

But like %99 of them are Muslims. There are facts. TYT, arent you all about
    facts?

• HKozeNS
      July 16, 2016 at 2:17 PM

Making up numbers like Trump does….

• Christian Kale
      July 16, 2016 at 3:09 PM

+HKozeNS I think you mean Hilary. Beta

• Andy Weaver
      July 16, 2016 at 4:52 PM

he’s not saying that 99% of Muslims are terrorists. he’s saying 99% of
      terrorists are Muslim which is pretty true

17. sebbotnik
    July 15, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Those tweets form turmp are actually surprising, they sound nice. That’s a
    first.

• arsenalfanrichi
      July 15, 2016 at 9:22 PM

His Penis also sounds nice 😉

• larbi amrane
      July 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM

XD

18. Creepy Guy
    July 15, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Ok, I haven’t watched the video yet. How long does it take for Ben
    Maginawicz, Jimmy Bore and the other one to make it about Christianity,
    Republicans and white people? I’m guessing two minutes in.

• dhingchak123
      July 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM

1 min

• Sam R
      July 16, 2016 at 4:04 PM

MUH CRUSADES!!!!1!!

19. 123aflfan
    July 15, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Hilary-generic robotic response
    Trump-actually wants to do something to fix the problem

• zxczxczxc7240
      July 16, 2016 at 4:17 PM

the first step when fixing something is admitting there is a problem.
      bobble head hillary is a liar,and ignorant to the dangers of islam.

• Ms. Jackalope .j. Johnstone
      July 16, 2016 at 4:43 PM

+zxczxczxc7240 -I agree with you re:admitting there is a problem. But the
      most important step I would argue is understanding exactly what the problem
      is, its nuances & implications, using experience/education to coherently
      explain your stance, strategies & potential solutions/plan of action. I
      feel in terms of this discussion, whether I agree with her or not, Hillary
      did just that, & Trump did not. I’m hoping we can have a civil conversation
      about this without dissolving into insults as so often happens, and I think
      we can; so without getting into other policies/personal politics, focusing
      specifically on this discussion and the appearances on O’Reilly’s show-what
      did Trump say that was SPECIFIC to the Nice incident, that he hasn’t said a
      million times before in other situations? What strategy did he provide
      independently (i.e. not just agreeing with Bill)? Did he say anything at
      all that indicates to you that he fully understands THIS situation, & has a
      SPECIFIC plan to address it?

• Ms. Jackalope .j. Johnstone
      July 16, 2016 at 4:50 PM

+zxczxczxc7240 – And, listening to the two speak back to back, didn’t you
      hear Hillary state factual examples of the problems as she views them –
      whether or not you agree with them – and the strategy she thinks will be
      most successful (taking back land & resources, squeezing them together so
      they can be taken out?). Even if you like Trump, hate Hillary (which is
      totally your right, obviously) and disagree with her views here, can’t you
      admit that he repeated the same old arguments – most which have been proven
      to be untrue by countless unbiased fact-checkers (i.e.: “no papers, no idea
      where they’re coming from”) – whereas Hillary actually spoke about the
      issue specifically? Doesn’t his lack of knowledge or ability to speak about
      tactics even when prompted to do so make you a little uneasy?

• Ms. Jackalope .j. Johnstone
      July 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM

+zxczxczxc7240 – Even if you’re #NeverHillary, don’t you still want the
      person you vote for to be more than just a strongman, someone with
      principles & humanity (i.e. someone who doesn’t believe in human torture /
      killing potentially innocent family members of terrorists), who
      thoughtfully understands and addresses issues of global importance, instead
      of using them for his own gain (campaigning)? I’m not saying I know who
      that person would be, nor that it’s even a possibility, but don’t you think
      we should be demanding more of the person who would be our next president?
      Wouldn’t you rather vote for someone who perhaps has Trump’s convictions,
      but who doesn’t pathologically lie, take advantage of people, or stir up
      hate/ignorance among the populace?

20. Colombia20102018